Wall Accent Ideas Kids Rooms:
There’s no denying that kids love having their own space. And when it comes to decorating their rooms, the sky’s the limit! If you’re looking for some wall accent ideas for your child’s room, we’ve got you covered.
One popular option is to use wall decals. They come in a variety of designs and can be easily removed if your child outgrows them. You can also opt for wall stickers, which are similar to decals but are less permanent.
Another fun way to add interest to your child’s walls is with word art. This can be anything from their name spelled out in big letters to a phrase or saying that they love.
If you want something a little more permanent, consider painting an accent wall. This is a great way to add some color and personality to the room without going too overboard. Just choose one wall and paint it in a bold color or wallpaper it with a fun pattern.
Finally, don’t forget the power of accessories! Things like rugs, curtains, and even lamps can make a big impact on the overall look of your child’s room. So get creative and have fun!
10 Best Wall Accent Ideas for a Kids Room:
There are various wall accent ideas that can be used to decorate a kids room. Some of the best wall accent ideas for a kids room include:
1: Wall Murals:
Wall murals are a great way to add visual interest to a child’s room without going overboard. With so many fun and whimsical designs available, it’s easy to find a mural that matches your child’s personality perfectly. murals can be applied directly to the wall or hung like a tapestry, making them a versatile option for any space.
Whether you’re looking for something cheerful and bright or calming and serene, there’s sure to be a wall mural out there that’s perfect for your little one’s room. Here are just a few of our favourite kid-friendly murals:
- Underwater Scene: A beautiful underwater mural is perfect for creating a calm and serene space. Choose from different ocean scenes, like coral reefs or dolphins swimming in the sunset.
- Rainbow Brite: Bring some color into your child’s life with this fun and vibrant Rainbow Brite mural. With its cheery colors and iconic characters, it’s sure to bring a smile to their face every day.
- Outer Space: For the budding astronaut in your life, an outer space mural is sure to be out-of-this-world impressive! They’ll love gazing at planets, stars, and rockets while drifting off to sleep at night.
- Enchanted Forest: If your child loves spending time outdoors, why not bring the outside in with an enchanted forest mural? It features all their favourite woodland creatures set against a peaceful
2: Photo Collage:
Creating a photo collage for your child’s room is a fun and creative way to add personality and style to their space. There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a collage, such as the size of the area you have to work with, the number of photos you want to include, and the overall aesthetic you’re going for.
If you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of online templates and tutorials that can help you get started. Once you have a general idea of what you want, gather up some photos – both new and old – and start arranging them into a cohesive design. Use washi tape or simple frames to secure the photos in place, then step back and admire your handiwork!
3: Framed Pictures:
When it comes to wall accents for a kid’s room, framed pictures are always a popular choice. And there are so many ways to incorporate them into the design of the space.
One option is to create a gallery wall using a mix of different sized frames. This can be a great way to display artwork or photos of your child’s friends and family. Another idea is to hang a large frame with a favorite quote or saying. This can be a motivating message for your child as they grow up.
Frame pictures can also be used to accent other wall decor. For example, you could hang a small frame with your child’s initials next to their bed. Or, place a few frames containing special memories around the room.
No matter how you choose to use them, framed pictures are a simple and stylish way to add personality to your child’s bedroom or playroom walls.
4. Memory Board:
One of the best wall accent ideas for a kid’s room is a memory board. This can be a great way to display pictures, artwork, and other mementos. It’s also a great way to keep track of your child’s growth and development. Here are some tips for creating a memory board:
- Choose a theme: Memory boards can be themed around a favourite colour, character, hobby, or interest.
- Select the right size: Memory boards come in different sizes. Think about how much space you have and what you want to display before selecting a size.
- Choose the right photos: When selecting photos for your memory board, consider choosing ones that capture special moments or milestones.
- Use colourful accents: Add some personality to your memory board with colourful accents like ribbons, buttons, or stickers.
- Display it proudly: Hang your memory board in a place where you and your child can see it and enjoy it every day.
5: Word Cloud Art:
If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to add some flair to your child’s room, why not try a word cloud? Word clouds are a type of art that uses a variety of different words to create a design. You can use any words you like, but they typically include positive words or phrases.
Word clouds make great wall art because they’re eye-catching and can be customized to match your child’s personality. Plus, they offer a great opportunity for your child to learn new words. Here are some tips for creating word clouds:
- Choose your words carefully. Think about what message you want to convey with your word cloud. Do you want it to be inspirational? Funny? Profound? Once you’ve decided on the overall tone, choose words that fit accordingly.
- Play with the placement of the words. Experiment with different arrangements until you find a design that you like.
- Use different fonts and colors. This is where you can really let your creativity shine! Try out different combinations of fonts and colors until you find something that looks great.
- Print it out or create it digitally. If you’re printing it out, make sure to use high-quality paper so that it will look its best on your wall. Or, if you’re creating it digitally, consider using an online word cloud generator like Wordle or Tagul.
6: Scrapbook Wall Accent Decor:
There are few things more personalized and unique than a scrapbook wall decor. This is a great way to show off your child’s personality and creativity, and it can be a lot of fun to put together. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Create a giant collage of your child’s favourite photos. You can use construction paper or scrapbook paper to create a background, and then add photos, mementos, and other keepsakes.
- Turn an old window into a frame for your child’s artwork. Just mount the window on the wall and arrange the artwork inside.
- Use washi tape or painters’ tape to create a giant frame around your child’s bed. Then fill the frame with photos, artwork, or anything else you like.
- Hang a clothesline across the wall and display your child’s artwork or favourite outfits on it.
- Make a giant growth chart out of butcher paper or chalkboard paint. Hang it on the wall and let your child mark their height each year.
- Turn an empty picture frame into a dry erase board by adding a sheet of magnetic vinyl or adhesive laminate. Then let your child draw pictures or write messages on it with dry erase markers.
7: Superhero Wall Accent Decor:
There are many great ideas for accenting a child’s room with superhero wall decor. One popular option is to purchase large, removable decals of popular superheroes. These can be applied and removed easily, without damaging the paint or walls, and they allow your child to change up the look of their room as they please.
Another great option is to create a mural using paint or wallpaper. This can be done relatively easily and cheaply, and it will really make the room pop. If you want something a little more permanent, you could also look into having a professional painter create a mural for you.
If you’re looking for something a little less commitment, consider hanging framed comics or posters on the walls. These can be swapped out easily as your child’s interests change, and they offer a fun and unique way to decorate the space.
Whatever route you choose, superhero wall decor is sure to add some personality and pizzazz to your child’s bedroom!
8. Lace Wall Art:
There’s no denying that lace wall art is one of the most adorable things you can put up in a kid’s room. It’s delicate, dainty, and just plain sweet. But what if you’re not quite sure how to incorporate it into your child’s space?
Here are a few of our favourite ideas:
- Create a border. Use lace trim to create a border around the perimeter of your child’s walls. This is an easy way to add a touch of femininity without going overboard.
- Make a statement. If you really want to make a statement, go big! Cover an entire wall with lace fabric or even use multiple sheets of lace to create a patchwork effect.
- Be playful. Kids’ rooms should be fun and festive, so don’t be afraid to experiment with color and pattern. Try using brightly colored lace or even mixing and matching different patterns for a truly unique look.
- Get personal. Add a special touch by incorporating your child’s name or initials into the design. You can embroider them onto the fabric or even use letters made out of lace trim.
- Keep it simple. Sometimes less is more, so if you’re not feeling particularly creative, stick to basics like hanging up sheer curtains or draping a bit of fabric over the furniture. Either way, your child’s room will look undeniably lovely with some lacy accents!
9. Clouds and Stars on the ceiling:
Clouds and stars are the perfect way to accent a child’s room. They add a touch of whimsy and can be used to create a dreamy feel in the space. Plus, they’re relatively easy to install and can be found at most home decor stores.
If you’re looking for a way to add some personality to your child’s room, consider adding clouds and stars to the ceiling. This is an easy project that can be done in just a few hours, and it will make a big impact in the space. Plus, it’s a great way to teach your child about the night sky.
10. Colorful Chalk:
There’s something so fun and carefree about chalkboards. They are the perfect way to add a pop of color to any room, and they are also a great way to get your kids creative juices flowing. We love the idea of using chalkboard paint to create a giant mural in your child’s room. Or, you can use chalkboard paint to make a smaller accent wall. Either way, your child will have a blast drawing and erasing pictures on their very own chalkboard wall.
Kids’ rooms should be a reflection of their personalities, and what better way to do that than with a unique wall accent? We hope you’ve enjoyed our roundup of the best wall accent ideas for a kid’s room and that you’ve found some inspiration for your own child’s space. Do you have any other great ideas? Share them with us in the comments below!