The idea of decorating your home with lavender might seem like a new fad to follow in the direction of salix bonsai trees and succulents. But it turns out you can utilize the flowers in any room of the house! Find out more about lavender and how to incorporate this refreshing scent into your next decorating project through this article.
What is Lavender?
Lavender is a genus of 47 known species of flowering plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae. It is native to the Old World and is found from Cape Verde and the Canary Islands, Europe across to northern and eastern Africa, the Mediterranean, southwest Asia to southeast India. Many members of the genus are cultivated extensively in temperate climates as ornamental plants for garden and landscape use, for drying as potpourri, and oil production.
Different Types of Lavender to Look out for:
There are many different types of lavender to look out for. The most common type is English lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), which is what most people think of when they think of lavenders. Other popular types include French lavenders (Lavandula stoechas), Spanish lavender (Lavandula latifolia), and Italian lavender (Lavandula intermedia).
Each type of lavenders has its own unique flavor and aroma, so you’ll want to experiment with different types to find the one that you like best.
- English lavenders is the most versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, from savory to sweet.
- French lavenders has a more floral flavor and is often used in desserts or as a decoration.
- Spanish lavenders has a more herbal flavor and is commonly used in soaps or as a potpourri ingredient.
- Italian lavenders has a spicy flavor and is often used in Italian cuisine, such as in pasta dishes or on pizzas.
How Can You Use Lavendesr In Your Home:
Lavender is a beautiful, fragrant plant that has many benefits, one of which is its ability to enhance your mood. There are several ways to utilize lavenders in order to experience its mood-boosting effects.
- One way to use lavenders is to add it to your bathtub. Fill up your tub with warm water and add a few drops of lavender essential oil. Soak in the tub for 20 minutes and breathe in the calming fragrance of the lavenders. This will help you to relax and feel more balanced emotionally.
- Another way to use lavenders is to make a pot of tea using dried lavender blossoms. Steep 1 teaspoon of dried lavender in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes. Drink this tea before bedtime or when you want to relax and unwind. The soothing properties of lavenders will help you to drift off into a restful sleep.
- If you have trouble sleeping, try placing a sachet filled with dried lavenders under your pillow. The scent of the lavenders will help you to relax and fall asleep more easily.
- Burning lavender incense or candles is also an effective way to fill your home with the calming fragrance of lavender. This can create a serene and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for relaxing after a stressful day or working on a creative project.
Creative Ideas on How to Adorn in the Home with Lavenders:
If you love the smell of lavenders, why not incorporate the herb into your home décor? There are many ways to do this, and it can add a touch of elegance and relaxation to any space.
One way to use lavender in your home décor is to make sachets or potpourris. Sachets can be used to fragrance drawers or closets, while potpourris can be used as decoration or to scent a room. Both are easy to make and only require a few supplies.
Another way to decorate with lavender is to create wall art. This can be done by pressing flowers, mounting them on card stock, and framing them. Or, try using lavender-colored ribbon or fabric to create a pretty border around a picture frame or piece of artwork.
If you’re looking for something a little more subtle, consider adding some dried lavenders heads to a vase or bowl. This is a simple way to add color and fragrance to any room.
Finally, if you want to really enjoy the smell of lavenders in your home, try growing your own! Lavenders are easy to grow indoors, and it will make your whole house smell wonderful.
Ideas on how to decorate with Lavender:
When most people think of lavender, they think of the plant. But did you know that the color lavender can actually be very versatile? Here are some ideas on how to decorate with lavender in any area of your house:
- In the living room, use lavenders couch or chair as your focal point. Then, use accent pieces in shades of purple and white to really make the room pop.
- In the bedroom, consider using lavenders duvet cover or comforter. You can also add some lavender scented candles or diffusers to really set the mood.
- In the kitchen, paint your cabinets or walls in a light Lavenders shade. This will add a touch of elegance to the space.
- In the bathroom, use similar colors as you would in the kitchen. A light purple wall color will look beautiful with white fixtures and accents.
Essential Uses of Lavender: Medicine, Eating, Healing Burns, Watering Plants, and More:
Lavender is a versatile plant with many uses. Here are some of the most essential uses for lavender:
- Using lavender as medicine: Lavender has long been used as a natural remedy for various ailments. It can be used to help relieve headaches, stress, anxiety, and even skin conditions like eczema.
- Eating lavender: Lavender can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. It’s often used to flavor sweets like cookies or cakes, but can also be used to season meats or vegetables.
- Healing burns: Lavender oil is often used to help heal minor burns. Simply apply a few drops of oil to the affected area and let it work its magic.
- Watering plants: A few drops of lavender oil added to your plants’ water can help them stay healthy and vibrant.
- Deodorizing your home: lavender oil is a great way to naturally freshen up your home. Add a few drops to a diffuser or spray bottle filled with water and use it throughout your house.
What to Avoid When Decorating With Lavenders:
When it comes to decorating with lavenders, there are a few things you’ll want to avoid. First and foremost, don’t go overboard with the color purple. A little lavender can go a long way, so use it sparingly. Secondly, avoid using strong or overpowering scents. The last thing you want is for your home to smell like a spa! Finally, be careful not to overdo it with the accessories. A few well-placed pieces will do the trick; too many will make your space look cluttered and busy.
To conclude, lavender is a versatile herb that can be used in many different areas of your house. From the kitchen to the bathroom, there are plenty of ways to utilize this fragrant herb. Whether you’re looking to add a bit of relaxation to your home or want to boost your culinary creations, lavenders are definitely worth considering.